Facial & Torso Piercing Aftercare
The Pin Cushion
- Always wash hands with anti-bacterial soap and water before touching your piercing.
- Apply a small amount of anti-bacterial soap (provon, dial, softsoap) to desired area and lather. Do not rotate jewelry for this will only lead to irritation.
- After cleaning rinse and pat dry using a clean paper towel. Never use cloth because they can harbor bacteria.
- Repeat steps 1-3 twice a day.
Sea Salt/Saline Water:
- Sea salt soaks or saline water are very important to the healing process of your piercing. These soaks help reduce redness, swelling, and helps to flush plazma (crusty’s) out of the piercing tract.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of sea salt with 8oz of warm water. After salt dissolves in water pour over your piercing. Saline wound wash can be used 2 times a day, spray directly on piercing and let air dry.
- Pat dry with a clean paper towel
- Do not pick at crusty’s that build up around the balls of your jewelry. Just rinse them off with warm water. Picking at them can lead to infection and irritation.
- Avoid soaking in bodies of water (bathtubs, pools, hot tubs, lakes, rivers, oceans) these bodies of water can harbor bacteria and can cause infection. Showering is fine though.
- Do not change your jewelry before suggested time. Doing so can cause irritation and imbedded jewelry.
- Never use rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, Neosporin, gels, creams, ointments, betadine, bactine, hibiclens or any things else that’s not suggested.
- Remember to tighten the balls on your piercing daily
- Your piercing needs to breath. Don’t put facial lotions, make-up, or bandaids on your piercings for long periods.
- On navel rings, Dangles are meant to be worn for only short amounts of time. Do not wear dangles to bed they can get caught and tear your navel.
- 99% of your friends Don’t know what they are talking about.