For those who suffer from Migraine pain will know there is not much they are not willing to try to bring some relief to this sometimes debilitating condition. Believe it or not Researchers haven’t identified a definitive cause for migraines, only potential factors that can trigger the condition.
Some of the known triggers may include:
- bright lights
- severe heat, or other extremes in weather (not good for us Texans!)
- changes in barometric pressure
- hormonal changes, such as estrogen fluctuations during menstruation, pregnancy, or menopause for women
- drinking alcohol or caffeinated drinks
- foods such as aged cheese, salty, or processed foods
- consuming food additives, such as aspartame (an artificial sugar) or monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- eating foods that have the additive tyramine, which is found in soy products, fava beans, hard sausages, smoked fish, aged cheeses, and Chianti wine
- excess stress
- loud sounds
- physical activity
- skipping meals
- loss of sleep
- taking certain medicines, such as oral contraceptives or nitroglycerin
One of the biggest risks in having migraines are not migraines themselves, but the over reliance of prescription drugs that are prescribed. These drugs boost the amount of serotonin in the brain to reduce the migraine pain. Too much serotonin can lead to hallucinations, nausea, vomiting, agitation, diarrhea, and a rapid heart rate. In some instances, this condition can be life-threatening.
If you’re still reading this chances are you suffer from migraines, as well as you have most likely read numerous articles on remedies. One of the biggest over the last few years, is the Daith Piercing. Those in the medical field will state that there is no conclusive evidence as there have been no clinical studies done on it.
There may be truth to that or they may just enjoy the kickback from the drug companies. Being faced with this issue we have decided to do our own trial. Over the last 2 years we have listened to the feedback of our customers.
The conclusion was staggering. Close to 95% of those that had the Daith piercing done got relief almost immediately!
Others the pain was gone over a few days or to being reduced to levels so low they cant remember ever feeling so good.
Some have described the relief as pressure being lifted off of them. This for me makes my job extremely exciting. People that have had years of pain and finally getting relief with a simple piercing!!